Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't get conflicting messages from people around them. I feel completely confused by people at work. They seem to like me but then act strange with me or think they can be rude or snappy to me for no reason.

One example:

One woman seems so friendly to me one minute and the next can be so strange. She will say something sarcastic to me [Nobody else only me] so I will think 'What a *****' and walk away. Two days later she will come over and make conversation with me and be so polite so I end up forgetting her previous behaviour. Then a month later I will mention something eg 'I don't like procedure' just to make conversation and she will mumble 'well you don't have to like it just get on with it' in a rude tone and then give me a look thats quite smug. She is not senior to me and is often quick to moan when she doesnt like something. So it is an ongoing pattern. We might get along for weeks/months before she will end up saying acting strange again. So I don't know if she really likes me and is just acting out at times or she really has something against me but then trying to conceal it.

·
Endless Redemption
989 Posts
Screw her. Don't talk to her anymore, she's not worth your time and she enjoys making you uncomfortable.

You don't have to be rude to her but if she tries making conversation with you just be like "okay" after whatever inane thing she has to say. After a while she'll get bored out of not getting a reaction out of you.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts