Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Day Sleeper
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever get the feeling that people are avoiding you or don't want to be associated with you? I have this feeling all the time, i feel so unimportant in this world. I feel as though noone likes me or wants to be my friend. When im out in the world noone acknowledges me and when im at uni or something I make an effort to speak to people and be nice to people but it seems that they don't want to be my friend. They speak to me but that's it...nothing more. I see other people in my class organizing things being invited to places and i don't. When I sit on the bus it seems as though im the last person people want to sit next to. I don't smell or anything hehe and im not extremely ugly..or maybe i am :( . I hate this feeling. I feel so bad inside. Anyone ever get this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I feel that way too sometimes.. like people are trying to quickly answer my question or finish the small talk and get on with their life that they obviously don't want me to be apart of when I'm trying so hard to get to know them.. But to be honest I've done the same to people too (trying to be real here), maybe you should reflect on anything that could be seen as weird or awkward to the people your talking to.. like body language and the like.. try to be calm and not too jittery when making small talk and the such.. also maybe your the one that looks like you don't want any friends; like you have a wall up.

I say take the jump and when you talk to someone really interesting make it a point to ask for a number or where you could see them again. It's hard for me to do that, but usually if I'm liking where a conversation is going the other person is too and you just have to push the anxiety to the side for a bit :)

yay I like birthday massacre too:heart

·
Doing my best
301 Posts
do you look like you might have it in you to snap and stab the person next you when you're on the bus? no seriously sometimes if you're wrapped up in your head you aren't aware of your vibes. people wouldn't avoid you just because you were ugly. scary and ugly, yes.

sorry you're feeling like crap. i've noticed sometimes that outgoing people avoid me, but i'm pretty sure it's because they can tell i'm not their type. they don't wanna be rejected (or stabbed) same as the people on this board. when i'm staring at the ground or in a bad mood, people pick up on that.

you're not unimportant. i hate reading that people feel that way. but i've felt it too so... i know.

it does take time for people to trust you. so it's kind of a daily thing, talking to the same people over and over. but don't throw yourself at just anyone, pick people you think are decent. i don't know if you do that, i'm just throwing that in. if you talk to people you want to talk to and not just because you feel you must you'll probably come across better.

i've felt avoided before, but i was putting off strong vibes to keep people the hell away from me. i still do it. when i go out i think people are staring at me (dunno why i think i'm so interesting) so i put up a what-the-hell-are-you-looking-at wall. i know i do it so i'm not suprised when people avoid me.

·
gone
5,224 Posts
Do you ever get the feeling that people are avoiding you or don't want to be associated with you? I have this feeling all the time, i feel so unimportant in this world. I feel as though noone likes me or wants to be my friend.
Yes. And it isn't fun.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Do you ever get the feeling that people are avoiding you or don't want to be associated with you? I have this feeling all the time, i feel so unimportant in this world. I feel as though noone likes me or wants to be my friend. When im out in the world noone acknowledges me and when im at uni or something I make an effort to speak to people and be nice to people but it seems that they don't want to be my friend. They speak to me but that's it...nothing more. I see other people in my class organizing things being invited to places and i don't. When I sit on the bus it seems as though im the last person people want to sit next to. I don't smell or anything hehe and im not extremely ugly..or maybe i am :( . I hate this feeling. I feel so bad inside. Anyone ever get this?
A lot of the time. I hate the feeling. It makes me feel horrible about myself and lonely. :|

·
Shy US Marine
10 Posts
I was like this before but it really is just in your head

When I have those non-anxious days, I kinda analyze it well
and see that its me thinking negative. When I start to feel anxious, I quickly try to think about something else.

The more you think about it the worse it gets

1 - 6 of 6 Posts