Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always get these intense feelings of there being something totally wrong with me outside of my LD/ADD and SA/Depression, i get so paranoid that i am not normal and my uncle didnt help matters when he suggested i might have aspergers but my doctors and my therapist have tested for that and said i dont have that, just ADD and a learning disabilty but still i feel like there is something wrong with me, i am letting fear and paranoia control my life and i am analyzing everything i do and say, i dont know why, my mom and dad and my aunt and my grandmother have told me there is nothing wrong with me but i dont believe them, i keep looking back on my life, analyzing every situation and how i behaved and what i said, i feel i have hurt alot of people by my actions and words and keep coming to the conclusion that it was all motivated by something being wrong with me

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Well no one's perfect, there's not one person on this planet who doesn't have flaws. So having problems in your life is normal, you just gotta work through them (I know that's easier said than done but it's possible).

And that's the reason I try not to ask my parents about my personality cause I know they're gonna pamper me and say "what?! No.. you're fine!" :roll.

·
electric
6,777 Posts
It's easy when you are anxious to focus on things like that, that there is something wrong with you, because it feeds the anxiety and lets you feel justified and victimized. If you can suggest to yourself that maybe your conclusion is just a thought you are having because you are anxious, maybe you can lessen the anxiety, and thus lessen the thought. Always be very sure in your mind that feeling better is the goal.

Maybe there is something wrong with you. Maybe there isn't. But if you can't do anything about it or if nothing presents itself as a logical consequence that can help you fix it, then the thought can be judged on those grounds to be unhelpful, and primarily a means of making yourself feel bad. You can suggest to the thought that the only plausibility it has lies in your willingness to lend it plausibility, and that there is no prior cause or force for you to look for. In such a situation, "I just got scared is all", is the effective first cause, "and it's ok." Be patient. We each need a great deal of patience, and more than we might think is right or fair. But that's the way it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts