Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Loser
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that PEA is pretty much useless unless you take selegiline so doesn't breake down by MOA that quickly. Doesn't that means PEA in food makes no sense? I just wondered 'cause I read on my energy drink it got PEA in it. And what about the PEA in MDMA?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
PEA alone gives stimulant effects at high doses, but doesn't last very long.

The PEA in food won't have a significant psychoactive effect, when you consider that recreational users sometimes take several grams at once. However, if you are on selegiline, the PEA in food will be metabolised less quickly and reach high enough levels to affect you consciously. Thus, a much lower dose of PEA is used while on selegiline, unless you want to die.

The "PEA in MDMA" is just the backbone of the MDMA molecule's chemical structure. The group of drugs that includes MDMA, PEA, dopamine, and many more are called the "substituted phenethylamines" because they contain the PEA molecule as part of their structure.

·
Registered
516 Posts
i've taken around 2.2g of it and it will hit me fairly hard, it should take about an hour to kick in and the effects last for about an hour. I think I've discovered that taking it with green tea really intensifies the effect, but then again it could be something else that i'm taking that is potentiating .

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
i've taken around 2.2g of it and it will hit me fairly hard, it should take about an hour to kick in and the effects last for about an hour. I think I've discovered that taking it with green tea really intensifies the effect, but then again it could be something else that i'm taking that is potentiating .
Green tea contains catechins, some of which are reversible MAO-B inhibitors. MAO-B usually inactivates PEA fairly quickly, but these MAOIs will prevent that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts