Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
insert witty comment here
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found this place on the internet where you can have a personality test done and then a Psychologist will evaluate and interpret your results and will sent you the results by email or by post.

It's not that expensive and you probably wouldnt get those generic comments that you get with other (free) online tests. I think. What do you think? Worth it?

It's not an English language thing, otherwise I'd post the link.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Nope. I think there are so many free ones out there that you can pretty much get a general idea of what your personality is like if you compared all the tests and looked at the similarities.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Nope. I think there are so many free ones out there that you can pretty much get a general idea of what your personality is like if you compared all the tests and looked at the similarities.
Yes, I agree. I think that you are probably the best person to work out what your own personality is like. I'd also be wondering why a properly qualified psychologist would be analysing personality tests on the internet. Wouldn't they have better things to do?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I took a work personality test in university. I forget how much it cost (might have been around $30), but I didn't think it was worth it. The only good part about it was that you were given thorough explanations, in-class, both before and after taking the test. Also, by taking actual accredited tests (like the MBTI) then you can use it as a type of reference and people will know about it.

sort of like the SATs. You can tell someone what your SAT score was, and they'll have a general idea of what your study habits are, or what you're capable of.

But, overall, it's nothing one doesn't already know about themself. It's pretty redundant. If you're looking for insight, you probably won't find it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I guess I was lucky. My psyc professor in 101 did the test for free for the whole class. (He's a clinical psychologist as well and is authorized to do the test) It's intresting but it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know to be honest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts