Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any advice. I take 10mg of Paxil each morning and 1 to 2 mg Clonazpam each day. Well, I took my Paxil and 1mg of Clonazepam this morning at about 8:30. I'm feeling very anxious today, which makes me nauseous and I threw up when I got to work around 9. Sorry - I hope I don't gross anyone out. Anyway, now I'm sitting here even more anxious because I feel like I don't have the meds in my system - it could all be in my head? I was thinking of taking another dose of both but don't want to over do it and be asleep in an hour.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Dont take more, the first week SSRI's can increase your anxiety but it will setlle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay

I ended up taking another clonazepam but skipping the Paxil. I feel okay I guess. Thanks for the input. I'm so glad I came across this forum. I could have just called the pharmacist or something but...that's not happening. I don't want to talk to anyone right now.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Maybe you should stop taking ssri's. Just stop it because it's like money down the drain for some. Is it really helping you or is it just the placebo effect?

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Maybe you should stop taking ssri's. Just stop it because it's like money down the drain for some. Is it really helping you or is it just the placebo effect?
Some ppl are helped by them, i suggest not to stop taking it and trial it long enough.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a long history with depression/sa going back to high school. I took 20mg Paxil when I was 14 for about a month and it worked, but then my insurance changed, I got shuffled around, they stopped prescribing it to kids under 18 and I think I have taken everything there is to take over the past 10 years. Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Celexa...so much I don't remember it all. I'm 25 now. I had been taking only clonazepam for a few years now, and started the Paxil again about 3 weeks ago. I'm one of the few people who I think Paxil actually works for. I'm thinking I might need to go up to 20mg soon, but I guess my body is still adjusting. I see a GP who doesn't really keep up on it or care - he just writes prescriptions :( My insurance doesn't cover for me to see a therapist, so I'm kind of on my own with this...which isn't good, but without it I feel I am not able to function. At all. It's just tough, as I'm sure you guys know. So I'm back on depression meds for the first time in about 3 years. I don't mind taking meds - IF THEY WORK. Hopefully this and the clonazepam will be my lucky combo.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
I ended up taking another clonazepam but skipping the Paxil. I feel okay I guess. Thanks for the input. I'm so glad I came across this forum. I could have just called the pharmacist or something but...that's not happening. I don't want to talk to anyone right now.
That was probably the wiser thing to do. I mean, I don't want to encourage high doses of benzos, but once in a while doubling up is not going to be a big deal if it's genuinely needed, and it probably will help.

Doubling up on Paxil, on the other hand, while it would not have been dangerous because you're on such a low dose, it would have been pointless. You wouldn't get any benefit from doing it at all. AND there's a good chance it would just make you more nauseous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts