Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have concentrating in class because I think I have social anxiety. I went to the doc and received a prescription for 20mg of Paxil. I took it for 2 days then decided to get off it thinking it wasn't worth the side effects. In your own experience, have you noticed an increase in concentration while in class because you weren't worrying about the other people in the classroom?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Everyone's different, but it sounds like you're describing a stimulant more than a ssri haha, especially considering most people don't feel effects of ssri's until past the 4 week point.

But hey if it works for you.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I sometimes wonder if i am just really bad at remembering things and information uptake when reading or its my depression that has a dumbness effect on me
Could of been droped on my head when a baby 2 so I dunno..
But Anafranil has increased my concentration levels and ability to think straight for the first time in a long time

·
Battling anxiety wat else
759 Posts
not at all. im on paxil 40 mg. the only thing that helps me focus is dexedrine or adderall.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I sometimes wonder if i am just really bad at remembering things and information uptake when reading or its my depression that has a dumbness effect on me
Could of been droped on my head when a baby 2 so I dunno..
But Anafranil has increased my concentration levels and ability to think straight for the first time in a long time
How do you rate that anafranil overall? What's your experience been like? I hate ssri's, don't like the tiredness and brain fog from benzos so I need to look to other alternatives

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
How do you rate that anafranil overall? What's your experience been like? I hate ssri's, don't like the tiredness and brain fog from benzos so I need to look to other alternatives
It was alright
Stopped taking it now though because I have put on weight and i assume it was from Anafranil

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
SSRI's kick in immediately for me (by the 2nd dose) and they don't have good effects on anything. They send my anxiety and insomnia off the scales. I always react strangely to stuff. With all the SSRI's I tried I ended up sitting there twitching with my hands shaking because I couldn't stay still or concentrate on anything. I could barely hold conversations and nothing I did made feel content or happy. I just had this uncontrollable need to go do something but I couldn't stay on task for anything so I ended up feeling even worse with more anxiety over my lack of action.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If anything paxil made me not care about my classes, therefore had failing grades. To answer your question it's no. If you want to succeed in school and in life than don't take antidepressants.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts