Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very skeptical about taking this medication because of the horror stories I read online, but after visiting several doctors, they all recommended that I take it...

So I have just started taking paxil on 20mg a day. Has anyone taken this medication? Did you have any weight gain or withdrawal symptoms? I have been yo-yoing in my diet, and am scared about gaining weight... I also don't want to have to up my dosage and not be able to get off of it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I took paxil for a year, and didn't have any withdrawl symptoms or weight gain, nor did I have any sexual dysfunction from it, oddly enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank goodness! I'm glad to hear that not all people are affected by the symptoms...

if you dont mind my asking, did you ever have to up the dosage? and why did you only take it only one year?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
No I didn't ever up the dosage, The reason I only took it for one year is because I was made to take it at age 15, and let me tell you, after that experience, I now completly understand why the FDA no longer recommends people under the age of 18 using SSRIS (with the exception of prozac.) Don't let that scare you though, it helps alot of people, and I later went on lexapro at an older age and it was nothing like as bad when I was a kid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts