Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I started 25mg Paxil over a month ago, and it was life-changing. It significantly reduced my SA, and removed any depression.

However, I also received the feared sexual side-affects, mine being decreased libido and anorgasmia. Often it seems that I've forgotten about sex altogether, and when I do decide to pleasure myself :D it's a real workout to reach an orgasm, if I'm even able to, that is.:|

I cannot go on like this, so to my doctor I suggested using Wellbutrin with it. She didn't seem to think it would work, but is having me try 150mg Wellbutrin with 12.5mg Paxil. The problem for me is, I started off on 12.5mg Paxil and it didn't signicantly reduce my social anxiety.

My doctor suggested if this combo doesn't work, I should switch to 300mg Wellbutrin and us my Ativan for anxious times, but I already trialed Wellbutrin for 2 weeks and it didn't significantly reduce my SA. I know none of us are doctors, but what do you guys think?

BTW I'm a 20 year old male, and in less than 2 months I'm exchanging to Japan for 1 year, so time isn't really on my side.

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
This side effect has always passed in time for me. By "in time" I mean 8-12 weeks. So, if I were you, I'd go back on the 25mg Paxil and just wait it out.

·
Registered
345 Posts
150 mg of Wellbutrin will most likely do nothing for your anorgasmia. You'd need at least 300 mg for that. I would just keep taking the Paxil dose you're currently on. Start slowly with the Wellbutrin, and expect it to take up to 8 weeks to start working (in a stable fashion). If you can't handle the jitteryness, I suggest taking some Magnesium-glycinate supplements.

·
Banned
1,376 Posts
sexual problems can be worked around the sexual response is altered, not stopped
many are happy to accept sexual problems for the other benefits gained

try the wellbutrin but I doubt it will help more than placebo effect, despite their advertising

1 - 4 of 4 Posts