Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor didn't want to prescribe me Paxil because of weight gain, so she placed me on Celexa.
Ive been actually trying to gain weight. I am 5'8" and weigh only 120lbs maybe less. Should I talk to my doctor about taking it since I can benefit from the weight gain or should I just incorporate protein supplements in my diet?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Just stick to a diet low in saturated fat and sugar, be sure to eat lots of lean protein sources like chicken and fish, and fibre-rich carb sources such as wholegrains and vegetables, and you can't really go wrong.

·
Banned
232 Posts
AD meds cause niether weight gain or loss, its just a fable

fear of weight gain is a common excuse for refusal to take them

·
Registered
5,337 Posts

Remeron can most definitely cause weight gain, although this is more due to it's antihistaminergic appetite stimulating side effect, rather than directly related to it's antidepressant mechanism. Infact remeron is sometimes prescribed as an Orexigenic.

As for the SSRI/SNRI's it's a bit of a gamble as to if you'll gain or lose weight. Most will have a side effect of anorexia (decreased appetite) however this can inturn slow your metabolism.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

Buprion (Wellbutrin XL) can cause significant weight loss and several antidepressants can cause weight gain (eg. Remeron).

·
Registered
8 Posts
You shouldn't take any kind of supplement for gaining weight,I suggest you to gain weight naturally by having the correct food.
And that is the most appropriate way,By doing that you can easily avoid any kinda side effects.Eat food which is rich nutritionally.

Orlando boot camp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts