Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is to finally take my drivers exam next week. I'm embarrassed that at 20 I still haven't received my license. :sigh Although I don't have my license yet I have been driving for over a year. My main problem is with parallel parking.
My greatest fear is freezing up or my mind going blank while taking the test. Even though I'm dreading it I have to take it to succeed in my life. Wish me luck! :)

·
Neither Enemy Nor Friend
412 Posts
a lot of people on this site trying to go for the license including myself haha

good luck to you and the others going for the same goal

·
Registered
132 Posts
This was my goal for so long! I failed 5 times before I passed, but don't let that scare you. Since you have been driving for a full year, I'm sure you know how to drive. Just practice the parallel parking and schedule a test. Try not to fear failure. That will screw you up.

·
growing up
432 Posts
My goal is to finally take my drivers exam next week. I'm embarrassed that at 20 I still haven't received my license. :sigh Although I don't have my license yet I have been driving for over a year. My main problem is with parallel parking.
My greatest fear is freezing up or my mind going blank while taking the test. Even though I'm dreading it I have to take it to succeed in my life. Wish me luck! :)
I took the written test and passed, but not the road test yet. I know where you are coming from, I'm 22 going on 23 and still not DL.

Good luck, to yeah man!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm taking my test soon as well (at last :) )
yeah parallel parking is really tough
anyway good luck to you! having a liscence means freedom and hopes of a better life (as for me anyway)

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
I'm 21. I took my written test last week and have been on the road once. It's very frightening for me, but it's encouraging to know other people are having the same difficulties but are working through it.

Good luck.

·
Banned
139 Posts
I think parallel parking would be a lot easier for you, if you were parking a small car.

Parallel parking a Ford F-150, or a F-250, would not be easy. A Mini Cooper-sized car would be perfect.

I think it would be good, too, to have a car with good visibility. You could see all of the corners.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Have you looked at the parallel parking vids on Youtube?

I don't think I had to do that as part of my test in the UK. For me the biggie was reversing around a corner - I fluked it and passed first time. I had a bet with my mother that I would fail so being lucky cost me an extra £5/$10. Oh, and the test was the first time that I'd ever worn glasses so it was like driving around in a goldfish bowl. :lol

Good luck anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts