Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had an issue with "bashful bladder". However, when I am extremely anxious, I have both frequency/difficult urination issues. It is like my paruresis has gone on overdrive, as I can be completely alone and still have the problem.....even in the middle of the night. (I've been checked for physiological causes, and there are none.) I also find myself clenching my teeth often, so I know it is anxiety.

Does anyone else have this problem? It becomes circular in nature, as I get more anxious about it which makes it worse.....etc., etc.

·
Artest, Christian, Trans
377 Posts
I have shy bladder :/ have had it since I was a kid and while I don't think it is caused by my anxiety it does contribute to me being anxious about going places. I often go to the bathroom twice before leaving home just so I'll be less likely to go when I get where I'm going... I've only had it happen at home once or twice, and usually when the nieces/nephews where over and running around outside the bathroom door OTL Usually as long as the bathroom is completely closed off from other people (like those in houses or some offices) I can go without much problem though.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
I have always had an issue with "bashful bladder". However, when I am extremely anxious, I have both frequency/difficult urination issues. It is like my paruresis has gone on overdrive, as I can be completely alone and still have the problem.....even in the middle of the night. (I've been checked for physiological causes, and there are none.) I also find myself clenching my teeth often, so I know it is anxiety.

Does anyone else have this problem? It becomes circular in nature, as I get more anxious about it which makes it worse.....etc., etc.
I would start with going to the bathroom and using the bowl....put potty protection papers on the seat so youdon't get tropical diseases, and then put more toilet paper in the bowl to muffle the tinkle. That way, you go quietly and are safe from getting rashes on your behind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts