Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went, it was under a bridge going into Manhattan. It was a pretty cool set up for somewhere you'd expect bums to live. The music was loud, the ppl where plenty. It was a big area and there was actually two parties going on. I went between to two.
I EVEN danced! only for one song but hey i did it. Seeing as how parties aren't my thing I think i did good. Even if i didn't have SA, i don't think I'd be a party person, I'm more of a lounge type person.
I did chicken out to an extent, I only talked to my friend i came with, and One of my friends cousins whom are potential business contacts for me (budding graphic designer)
I'm really intellectual and being somewhere where I have to yell to communicate is deff. not where I am more likely to thrive.
I was pretty buzzed the whole time, And to go P you need a flash light and i fell after i tried to be social, seeing ppl walking asking them if they were salright, having a good time etc. they barely said anything to me, then when they passed i fell, but i laughed at that.
all in all a good time, one step at a time
love:clap

·
Registered
557 Posts
You did really well! Congrats! I always wondered what it was like to go to a rave.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
that sounds like a lot of fun. i've never been to a rave, but going to one outside in that location sounds pretty cool. esp since a lot of people would be really high/drunk and if i was as wasted i might have a good time. socializing with people when its dark and outside really helps my comfort level and i am much calmer. i'm probably more likely to dance since i feel much less self-conscious about my appearance/body/awkwardness when its in a darker setting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts