Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I used to take paroxetine 20 mg. And it was really good. its a ssri that works only on serotonin level.
Then i tried venlafaxin which works on serotonin and noradrenalin levels. It did not work that well.
the problem is i dont want to use paroxetine because of its withdrawal effects. I dont want to get crazy if i miss my paroxetine dose.
Do u have any suggestions on meds that work only on Serotonin, that is as good as paroxetine, but not that bad in withdrawal?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have taken paroxetine for 10+ years. It's a very strong med. I take only 10mg day. I can get by;however on 5 mg a day. If I take 20mg I start to feel badly and I must go down. People probly take more than they need of medicine in my opinion

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know what happened to my other post. It just disappeared. What I was saying was my dose of paroxetine has to be just right. 20mg is too much. I start to feel badly after I take that much. My sweet spot is 10mg. I can get by on 5mg a day. I take it along with 300mg lithium carbonate

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tnaks for the replies.
I started by taking 10 mg for a week, then 20mg. It started working the first day i started with 20 mg. Meaning 1 week.
I later started taking 40 mg all bymyself, withut my doctor knowing. When i finally quit, i was so restless. I was so irritated. Maybe for just one day. But thats because i started taking venlafaxine.
40 mg was not good for me. It was too much. Side effects wwere serious when i took 40 mg. Maybe i wouldnt have gone mad if i continued with 20 mg. I dont know. But many people say they go mad.
Remember, i quited cold turkey with 40 mg. How much do u guys take?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Tnaks for the replies.
I started by taking 10 mg for a week, then 20mg. It started working the first day i started with 20 mg. Meaning 1 week.
I later started taking 40 mg all bymyself, withut my doctor knowing. When i finally quit, i was so restless. I was so irritated. Maybe for just one day. But thats because i started taking venlafaxine.
40 mg was not good for me. It was too much. Side effects wwere serious when i took 40 mg. Maybe i wouldnt have gone mad if i continued with 20 mg. I dont know. But many people say they go mad.
Remember, i quited cold turkey with 40 mg. How much do u guys take?
I'm on 40mg now and i'm mixing it with 75 mg of Imipramine. My doc doesn't know about the Paxil i added to mix and apparently its a odd mix but i'm despo for relief.
Weird thing is I have not had a single side effect. Like usually there is weird dreams, insomnia or sexual problems but I honestly feel like i'm taking sugar pills.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I take 45mg, and it's sweet, the only side effects are delayed ejaculation(not that delayed) and vivid dreams which I love.
I started with 10 or 20mg, don't really remember, but I asked my doctor to up the dose because it felt great.
I had some "insomnia" at the first and second week, not really insomnia, but I could get rested with like 4-5 hours, instead of the usual 8-10, but not anymore.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
paroxetine's more handy than venlafaxine and it gives less withdrawal symptoms.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. But im afraid, because ive been told that people can become infertile.
And also, the last time i used paroxetine, i became suicidal. Thats maybe beause i took double my dose without the doctor telling me to do it. What do u think?

·
Battling anxiety wat else
759 Posts
paxil has bad withdrawl. i take 40 MG and 0 sex drive. and takes 6 hours to ejaculate XD but i gotta try REALLY Hard. Usually takes 3-6 hours to ejaculate XD. But i have 0 sex drive. Vyvanse boosts sex drive but still takes 3-6 hours to ejaculate xD

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok. But im afraid, because ive been told that people can become infertile.
And also, the last time i used paroxetine, i became suicidal. Thats maybe beause i took double my dose without the doctor telling me to do it. What do u think?
I'm not sure about infertile, atleast I don't think it's permanent, so you can drop paroxetine if you want to have a baby.

My sex drive is fine, a lot better than before I took it to be honest, it takes longer to ejaculate but it's not 6 hours, more like 1 hour at the max.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay now im really scared. Just search on google, for "paroxetine fertility" and u will find stuides done that proves the dna for sperm being hurt because of especially paroxetine. Please help anyone who knows this good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, what I read about that is they theorize that the dna in the sperm is fragmented because the sperm spends more time traveling through the body before being expelled. So stopping the drug means the sperm no longer takes longer to travel and therefore should no longer have fragmented dna.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes, but if the main dna gets fragmented, then all will be fragmented?
I mean, every sperm has dna, but there has to be a main sperm or dna, dunno, and if that is fragmented, then...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts