Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can unselective MAOIs be combined with low dose PEA or just Selegiline?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm surprised you are asking that question medline. I made a thread about my experience trying low dose PEA with nardil, and after describing a very strange and possibly dangerous experience, you replied that I was playing with my life by doing so.

But that was nardil im not sure about parnate. Guess there's only one way to find out aye.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I won't try it, I guess low dose Selegiline + PEA + Carvedilol is the safest choice. Thanks for reminding. But can it just be used recreational or as sort of SA/depression therapy? That's my main concern.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tell me about your results. ;) But add Carvedilol!

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
My 2-Phenylethylamine just arrived in the mail today - only 3 days after I ordered it. :D

I don't take Parnate, but I'm currently on 60mg of Nardil which is slightly over 1mg/kg for me. Detailed experience report coming soon!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hey Rocknroll bro so you think 500-1000mg is on the lower side of doses then? How much do you think one should take with just Selegiline?

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Please make sure to start off very low. I'm talking like 500-1000 mg at first just in case.
Are you trying to kill me? ; )

I'm starting at 5-10mg and titrating up in 5-10mg doses while monitoring blood pressure and heartrate. Clonidine will be added once blood pressure increases 20mmHg and then I will continue titrating upwards.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
I'll have an experience report up in a new thread on the Medication forum in a few hours. If not, please call an ambulance! Lol.
Wow, I jinxed myself badly. I took 50mg and had a hypertensive crisis. I even called 911 because my blood pressure kept rising. :afr

But I'll post a new thread with details on how everything went. I'm just in the middle of a horrible crash so I'll write it tomorrow after I get some sleep.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Wow, I jinxed myself badly. I took 50mg and had a hypertensive crisis. I even called 911 because my blood pressure kept rising. :afr

But I'll post a new thread with details on how everything went. I'm just in the middle of a horrible crash so I'll write it tomorrow after I get some sleep.
Damn ouch bro!! did you have anything you were able to take with it before you got to the ER?

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Damn ouch bro!! did you have anything you were able to take with it before you got to the ER?
Nope, I started at low doses and had no increase in blood pressure so I didn't think it would intensely spike if I just doubled the dose. Once they got here my BP began to slowly decrease, so I didn't go to the ER but they said they would provide free transport if I wanted it (doesn't mean the hospital visit wouldn't be $500+). I had to sign a waiver once I declined the offer.

Oh wow that's not good. Are you gonna try it out again maybe at a lower dose? How was it besides the hypertension?
I might order some clonidine and then try 20mg, and increase the dose 10mg every hour. Not only will slower titration (and of course adding an alpha-2 agonist) prevent another hyperadrenergic event, but it inhibits the effects of the excessive [nor]epinephrine levels.

I'm going start a writing a new thread documenting this experiment in much more depth real soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts