Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've just been prescribed Parnate for the holy trinity of OCD/Social Anxiety/Depression.

i'm a little scared because the insomnia on Nardil nearly destroyed me, even with the assistance of benzo's, and i finally gave up after 3 months.

i've been given Seroquel to take temporarily alongside the Parnate, but i don't want to be on a sleep med indefinitely. from what i can gather, i'm even more likely to get insomnia on parnate.

does the insomnia eventually abate?

·
Banned
232 Posts
everyone reacts differently to ADs so you will have to try it and see what happens, try taking it on waking if insomnia continues

·
Registered
881 Posts
most likely, by itsself, the Parnate will be MUCH worse in terms of causing insominia than the Nardil. if Nardil kept you up, there is a huge chance that parnate will do an even better job of causing insomnia. but if you take it with seroquel, you might be able to sleep. you dont really have to be worried about taking seroqeul long term really, because its not techinically a sleep med. its actually an antipsychotic. you wont really develop dependece to it like you would to a benzo or something. i mean seroquel worked great for sedating me, but maybe you could take a benzo AND seroquel?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Parnate isn't too bad in terms of sleep for me. Nowhere near the insomnia that Nardil gave me. I'm mixing another med with it though to get some sleep. I'm taking endep(tricyclic) about a couple of hours before I need to go to bed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hm, at 40mg now and i barely sleep a wink (at any dose). seroquel gives me akathisia, so i just keep upping my Imovane dose. i wish i could sleep on my own

1 - 5 of 5 Posts