Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm a Mother of 4 children and googled SA and came across this site tonight as my SA is again affecting my life and consequently my childrens. I was a very nervous child with parents who would spend months ignoring each other and acted as a go between.I always felt that no matter my achievements that it wasn't enough.
My SA peaked with a business event 2 years ago and i went on medication as I couldn't even go to town for necessary supplies. This hazed everything for about 8 months and now 8 months after I stopped I am feeling the same things again. I get anxious walking on my own, having to make decisions and would rather stay home than face people.I have tried counselling, acupuncture since the medication and really I feel like my children are suffering. They have few friends and we are re-locating in the next few months and there I will have to initiate friendships if not for me for the children to integrate. My husband understands to a point, I have rung him from supermarket carparks where I haven't been able to get out of the car, I have avoided social occasions with him.I want to do the best I can for my children I don't want to be numbed on meds.I am trying to see a way forward.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Tina :wels

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome. This forum is great because you see that you are not alone and almost everyone here is supportive and helpful. SA is tough and I feel lucky I found this forum because I was in a dark place. Hope you like it here and once again welcome.

:wels

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, IrishMa! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts