Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a total fool out of myself and almost had another panic attack infront of the temp agency guy. He was looking through my resume and asking me the routine questions only I felt that he was trying to get personal and that triggered me to go into panic mode. He pointed out things that really struck a nerve and kept asking me why I constantly start something but never finish it. I was already feeling nervous as I always am in that sort of situation. It got to a point where I started breaking myself down before he could do it, I was completely shutting down... he saw this ofcourse and said : " You really don't say much huh?" and I just sighed and shrugged. I just couldn't bring another word out cause I was really screwing things by mentioning some things I probably shouldn't mention at a job interview. He asked me what I was doing now and I told him I am majoring in social work and he just practically laughed. He was like I don't want to scare you but social work is not a piece of cake and then he went on to ask me if I was confident and it was obvious I wasn't. I was fighting my tears the entire time and when it was over ( it felt like an eternity) and I stepped outside I got that whole surreal feeling wherein I feel as if I am out of my body and felt so dizzy. I guess this was some sort of panic attack and I was so afraid it would turn into a full blown panic attack like the one I had a week a go at my grandma's wake. I just don't know if I am ever going to function in this world and that also gives me so much anxiety, its a vicious cycle.

1,934 Posts
That guy sounds like a jerk. I hate when people say "You're quiet" or "you don't say much, do you?" as if we don't know we have SA. People are just rude jerks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts