Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a definitive list of which drugs are affected by p-glycoprotein, and thus the multi-drug resistance gene? I believe this is the cause of my lack of response to escitalopram, but need proof.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Does anyone have a definitive list of which drugs are affected by p-glycoprotein, and thus the multi-drug resistance gene? I believe this is the cause of my lack of response to escitalopram, but need proof.
What is leading you to this idea and what evidence do you have supporting it?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I've asked me this question myself, how did you come up with that theory. ;) You would need a genetic test for thousands of dollars to make such assumptions, wouldn't you?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
The point is you would need a genetic test or are there easier ways to find out who most likely has this gene variation. I mean also for anti-cravig substances like naltrexone scientists can find out via genetic testing who will probably respond to therapy and who not, but such tests are very expensive.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure, but those studies managed to determine who had the genetic variation. Personally I think docs should be aware of this and ready to switch venlafaxine/escitalopram/etc. non-responders.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
At the moment it's just trial and error. Psychopharmacology is more of an art than science, but this could change within the next decades.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts