Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

own both a PS3/360 which system should I get Skyrim on?

964 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Knowbody 
#1 ·
I've finally decided to give in and buy it since everywhere I turn people are proclaiming it to be the "best game i've ever played"

I read somewhere that when you download the game to your HDD the textures become blurry on the 360 version. (I put every game I play on to the HDD to give the lens a longer life span, and so the 360 will run quieter)

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each version?

#2 ·
The PS3 version still has some major bug issues. They tried to fix the savegame bug by releasing Patch 1.2 but it didn't work out. The game still starts lagging after 2-3 hours and the patch created some other problems like system crashes, freezes, damaged save files, broken magic resistance and dragons flying backwards. Bethesda is releasing a patch next week that should deal with the problems of 1.2.

I have also heard about the texture problem on the 360.

Looks like both versions have problems but the PS3 ones are more severe.

You should probably wait till next week to see the result of the new patch.

#6 ·
I would get the PS3 version regardless of any issues or bugs, because it's quite likely that some time down the track they're going to get fixed and I've heard PS3's are better than Xbox 360's when it comes to running games, graphics-wise too.

I'm no expert though so my opinion there is akin to bar room talk, but it's something to look into none the less, just to make sure.

#7 ·
Graphic differences aren't really noticable between the two consoles (you see reviewers compare game graphics between the two and they always look near enough the same), just go for which controller you like id say (unless one console is still really really buggy.).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.