• No, but I have access to a gun(s).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No guns in my home.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I think there is a pellet gun in the house, but that is as far as I would go.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Yes I do. A supersoaker 2005! Woot.

Lonelyguy said:
Yes, I collect them and shoot regularly. I own two handguns, four rifles, and five shotguns.
I pity the fool who tries to break into your house. :b

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Lonelyguy said:
Yes, I collect them and shoot regularly. I own two handguns, four rifles, and five shotguns.
:door

I don't! I wouldn't trust myself with one!

For those of you who own a gun:
are you 100% sure you'd never use it in anger against an innocent person? Everyone gets mad, after all ...

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
For those of you who own a gun:
are you 100% sure you'd never use it in anger against an innocent person? Everyone gets mad, after all ...
I can't speak for all gun owners because I know there are some people with a very short fuse who would do something like that. But I'm absolutely positive I would never kill a person out of rage, I'm just not capable of that. The only way I would shoot someone is out of self defense if my own life was in danger.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wonder if all of the gun owners had A parents who owned a gun or are military,I did or are.

Im not going to say how many guns I own,might scare A few people. :afr

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AnxiousAmelia said:
I recently inherited a .38 revolver. I don't think I'd ever go out and actually buy a gun. I guess I should be a gun owner, since I'm a libertarian and any good libertarian knows that the right to bear arms is sacred.

Sure, a gun could be used in anger against an innocent person, but then I also own a baseball bat & have access to large kitchen knives which could very effectively kill someone.

This gun has been in the house my entire life, and in 32 years I haven't yet had a desire to shoot anyone with it, so I'm guessing I can control my temper enough to where I only shout obscenities at them.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
UltraShy said:
...Sure, a gun could be used in anger against an innocent person, but then I also own a baseball bat & have access to large kitchen knives which could very effectively kill someone....
Yes, that's true. But wouldn't a gun be so much less effort and more effective, given what it's designed for? Or am I jumping to conclusions here: I thought it would just be a case of pointing and pressing?

·
Remarkable
1,043 Posts
UltraShy said:
I recently inherited a .38 revolver. I don't think I'd ever go out and actually buy a gun. I guess I should be a gun owner, since I'm a libertarian and any good libertarian knows that the right to bear arms is sacred..
Well, I dont own a gun either. As a libertarian, the only real connections I have to "gun nuts" are support of The 2nd and the right to self defense. As a Libertarian I also oppose the initiation of force. I'm not going to go waving guns around like Phil Spector ( though I like his haircut).

While I do not own and prefer not to carry a gun myself, I understand that guns ,when used properly, can prevent more deaths ( plus rapes, muggings, and other violent crimes) than they cause.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts