Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a lot of changes the past couple of months... ending a 3 year relationship, moving back with my parents, starting a new job, dating my ex of 3 years ago again, doing things like going out to bars with him and his friends....

And, I'm noticing that I *always* feel tense... and for the past week, I've been waking up around 4:00 am every morning panicked; heart racing, mind spinning.... and all at once I'm thinking about the job, the relationship, bills...
It's a horrible feeling. I usually don't sleep well after it happens.

When I woke up this morning my heart was beating quickly and my muscles in my shoulders and back are very tight yet at the same time I'm absolutely exhausted.

I just don't feel "right"...

Most of my days consist of sitting in my bedroom doing things on the computer and listening to music. I go out with my boyfriend and his friends maybe 2 nights a week, and I work three 5 hour shifts a week.

I've tried: deep breathing, but I keep getting distracted and worrying about something. I'd try taking a hot bath but we don't have a bathtub take a hot bath in; just showers. My muscles are so tight that they physically hurt so I'm going to try to see my chiropractor today for an adjustment if I don't feel too anxious to go. (ironic, right?)

I have to get myself back on track... I feel terrible. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my point. I dont want to feel like sh*t. I feel so *off* and I am asking for things to try that might help me feel better.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Would you ever go for a massage? Sounds like that might help relieve some physical stress. Do you take any medication for anxiety and such? Could consider that. I can relate to many of your feelings, and I'm considering asking my doctor for something to help minimize some of the anxiety. I feel stressed constantly, I think at this rate I'm going to have a heart attack by age 30. I wake up early even on days I should be able to sleep in because I feel sick to my stomach with anxiety. I feel sore all the time too. Maybe you could consider joining some sort of group or activity to get your mind off all these worries you have. Like a yoga/fitness class or start going for a daily run if you don't, or volunteer somewhere a couple times a week.

·
Registered
103 Posts
try a massage, or just treat yourself to a day of relaxation. I like to play relaxing music and light some candles in my room. Maybe that will help you go to sleep some nights. If you feel like the stress is overwhelming, try talking to someone like your boyfriend or a family member you trust about your feelings. Sometimes getting your emotions off your chest and explaining your frustrations will help you feel better. I hope that helped!

·
Registered
81 Posts
You should just adopt the attitude that you don't care about any of that stuff. If something bad is going to happen, it's going to happen, so why think about it.

·
alien monk
8,614 Posts
Lol this reminds me of The Simpsons when Lisa got gum in her hair :p

If you're anxious about being anxious you're gonna feel off and tense so just accept it. It'll go away in time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts