Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really confused right now. I just started a government internship a couple weeks ago which has kept me pretty busy. I am in the process of applying to be a mature part-time student in University, and I have a girlfriend. The things I am overwhelmed and conflicted with is what I want in life. As I said before I do have a girlfriend, but I don't know if she is what I want. We have a on and off relationship. What I mean by that is it is fighting and not fighting all the time. I don't know what it will be from one day to the next. It really gets irriatating and when I said I have had enough she throws a guilt trip at me like I don't want to work on it. She can really be immature sometimes. Last Thursday she flipped out in my car because I found her texting a guy which she acted really wierd about. She actually ripped out her hair. No joke. It was all over my car seat for about 2 days. She is so dramatic and I don't know what to do. Whenever I think I am going to end it I am afraid what she will do if I leave. Then again why do I care if I am leaving? I seriously think she has messed me up. I always feel so guilty about it. I have also put up with a lot over the 6 months I have been with her. I won't get into it, but let's just say if roles were reversed I doubt she would be with me still. Getting to the school thing. I am so nervous, but also happy at the same time. I really think school would help my social life as well.

Anyway there is my conflict and this is why I am overwhelmed.

·
Fun...Fluid...Formidable
7,158 Posts
Now this is just my opinion. But I don't think you are conflicted. I think you are manipulated by a woman who is immature and has only her interests at heart. You know she's manipulating you but you are honoring your relationship with her and trying to make it work. Don't let her get too far in your head.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Now this is just my opinion. But I don't think you are conflicted. I think you are manipulated by a woman who is immature and has only her interests at heart. You know she's manipulating you but you are honoring your relationship with her and trying to make it work. Don't let her get too far in your head.
Agreed. It seems like you know what you want, but are too afraid of her to break it off. Thats what I get from reading your entry anyways (I could be wrong). GL! Do what makes you happy, its not worth staying with her if its making you crazy and unhappy.

Also good luck at school! I didn't have much luck socially but that was my fault, and the load of school work didn't help.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
We have a on and off relationship. What I mean by that is it is fighting and not fighting all the time. I don't know what it will be from one day to the next.
Doesn't sound healthy... I'd say let her go... You'll meet someone else at school.

Getting to the school thing. I am so nervous, but also happy at the same time. I really think school would help my social life as well.
Good luck with that. I've been thinking about returning to school too, so it's interesting to me to hear about someone doing the same thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.