Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else is overly sensitive? The smallest thing can ruin my day...bigger things make me upset for days to the point where I can't even eat or sleep. I quit my guild in wow recently due to the raid leader being rather rude and mean to me and the night I quit it I was crying and had a huge headache and felt so sick I vomitted.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Small things regularly ruin my days.

·
Banned
372 Posts
Sometimes what people say can ruin my mood. even when it's not directed at me. A rediculous example, yesterday my mom was talking about how our dog can never get along with other dogs, and she says to him (the dog) "do you want to be lonely and have no friends for the rest of your life?" My mood went from happy to crap. Somehow I find this funny :haha

·
Banned
227 Posts
When I'm in my car, it really becomes evident how bad my sensitivity is. I'm a kind natured guy, but when someone slightly annoys me, I find my self dramatically undertaking, tailgating and honking people. I regret my actions so much afterwoods, because it isn't me, and I'm not a dangerous hoon.

I think this sensitivity may be a result of bottling up our emotions, and unleashing them at the slightest annoyance.
In the scheme of things, this sensitivity really has nothing to do with the predicament at hand.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i am as well.

Right now i'm in a crappy mood because an online friend and I have had a row because i was trying to be an interested friend etc and she said she was flirting with someone on this dating site and i asked about them and all she would tell me was their age and that they lived in the same town!

I thought we were friends. Why do people always seem to want to keep things from me? I don't see what i do wrong? i'm never judgemental about anything people say yet no one ever tells me anything. I feel like i'm a kid they are trying to get rid of so that they can talk 'adult' topics.

Oh and my friend has now accused me of overreacting because i've let it be known it bothers me.

I wish i had no sensitivity at all. I think it must be a much easier life.

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
is there medication for highly sensitive folks??
I wish, although it would have to be prescription and I don't do doctors.

Count me in.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
BTW, today was ruined by a small thing as usual.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep, definitely an HSP here. I did some reading actually on highly sensitive people in particular, but in the end I think most of it is just tied in with the SA and my OCD tendencies.

I get very sensitive about what people say, etc. but even really sensitive to noises, images that are disturbing to me, to the point I have to find a way to make it stop. For some reason I can't stand the sound of whistling, fingernail clipping, licking or slurping, ....like I have to go in another room or something if it doesn't stop or I just can't focus on anything else!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think being overly sensitive is one of the main reasons of why I am so totally crippled with anxiety.
I know it's kind of a chicken or egg argument, but do you think maybe it's the other way around? Like you're so worried about what other people think of you due to the SA and that causes the hypersensitivity? I don't know, just thinking.

·
Hiding in my basement
347 Posts
Maybe. But I remember being very sensitive to anything anyone ever did or said, as far back as I can remember(about 5 yrs old). Back then I didn't know what SA was. I guess I'm not sure which came first. But they both go hand in hand now.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Who else is overly sensitive? The smallest thing can ruin my day...bigger things make me upset for days to the point where I can't even eat or sleep. I quit my guild in wow recently due to the raid leader being rather rude and mean to me and the night I quit it I was crying and had a huge headache and felt so sick I vomitted.
You know, I'm sensitive but usually not in a way that I take everything personally. But I'll tell you what kills me is when I open up and let someone in and they use the opportunity to take a jab at me. Or, I should say that my world is usually under my complete control. When and if I do trust someone, it's a big deal to me and it really upsets me if they then say or do something really insensitive.

I don't know if that makes a lot of sense but that's the best way I can describe it at the moment.

·
Fitting In Here & There
808 Posts
I've always been criticized for being "overly sensitive" and people have been abusive to me in their dumb effort to try to toughen me up. Guess what--it didn't work! But being so sensitive means always getting our feelings hurt and sometimes ending up full of rage too. It sucks.

I like the addition of the pink bow on your alien!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm really sensitive too. Even the smallest things get me upset like if someone gives me too many choices I get overwhelmed and frustrated since I don't know what to do. Or if someone bothers me it really gets to the point where my minds clouded and I can't think straight, and my mood goes plummeting downwards for the rest of the day.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts