Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the time to go through several posts tilted "Hi guys" to find my answers, I apologize. I had to repost this on the right forum, and I have no idea how to delete the original under "Therapy".

ok,

So I'm am getting scared out of my mind with all the recent shooting sprees lately. I fear my sanity is reaching an all time low and I do not want to be another statistic. I am not saying that I think about doing such despicable acts, but my situation is getting worse every day.

I am 35 years old and I can tell you now without a therapist, that I am very highly sensitive. It goes to the core. I have failed relationships do to paranoia. I never leave my home, because I always encounter "something" that pisses me off to no end. It seems that everything offends me. When someone posts something on Facebook, I always think it's directed towards me. So I fight back with dumb little posts. This drives me nuts.

I've been clinically depressed for over 10 years. All the therapist I have visited are clueless. They do nothing but sit there and look at me stupid. They are only in the game for the money, they do not want to sincerely help me. I'm at a loss. I do not know what to do. I've been crying my eyes out all day and I'm loosing hope. I fear what lies ahead.

Can some please point me to a website or online therapist who cares or something that may lead me to answers I am so desperate to get right now. Please. Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How? I ask. How is this supposed to be a so called "help" website, when I am in a desperate situation and I get 0 views in an hour? And in that same time frame someone posts "I want a skype friend" and gets hundreds????? **** all of you all

·
Stranger
238 Posts
Please do not focus on these negative thoughts, it's naturally to be paranoid with the result of the shootings. Do not become more deluded, and do not let it hold you down, I too was paranoid after the shootings.

Perhaps give your post time, maybe it is the way you approach things, maybe it's too overwhelming for most people to grasp, and wait for the right person to answer, who can relate.

Are you sure this is Social Anxiety, and not directly related to being Bipolar, or schizo-affective?

Do not let a condition ruin your life, if you happen to fall under this category seek treatment, do not pretend you do not have a problem.

·
Stranger
238 Posts
Also, do not use Facebook, it is a source of anxiety, as you have stated. Abstain from using Facebook or any false forms of communication. People on there are only projecting an image, usually a false image.

·
Stranger
238 Posts
I am also highly sensitive, tough being a male, and I find talking about it helps wonders. It is not a bad thing, and a lot of people are. Some people grow bitter and some people grow sad.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I just saw your post.

Welcome to SAS, DonnieDark0! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
you can always walk to me if you'd like. i'm no "official therapist" but I will listen and try to give you the best advice I can.

hope you feel better! :heart

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey DonnieDark0 welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
59 Posts

All the therapist I have visited are clueless. They do nothing but sit there and look at me stupid. They are only in the game for the money, they do not want to sincerely help me. I'm at a loss. I do not know what to do. I've been crying my eyes out all day and I'm loosing hope. I fear what lies ahead.

I agree that it may be best to avoid Facebook. It can create social problems for people... :(

What sort of topics or hobbies interest you? Sometimes there are communities online that might divert your attention and make you happier or less paranoid.

I haven't used any professional services so I can't recommend any online. However, there are online forums like this one, and sites like http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ (yes the name's Suicide Prevention but they have a chat feature for people in "Crisis". I bet they wouldn't turn you away.)

If I think of anything else I'll post it for you. Hopefully you'll find some comfort in the forum here!

:wels

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to you all. The fact that I'm not being ignored helps greatly, and I appreciate it. I apologize for getting angered about the skype thing. It's ridiculous I know. But I can't just turn this way of thinking off like a light switch.

I don't know what I have other than what the docs tell me, which is depression. I do know that people tell me ALL the time that I'm too paranoid. I don't see things, I don't hear things. I do know this is ruining my life. I can not hold a job because I trust nobody, everyone is out to try to destroy me, or rejoice in my pain and suffering. It's really really bad guys. I just don't have a good way with words. I'm silent and social settings, because I really don't know how to keep conversation going. I absolutely despise myself, everything about me is wrong. I have so many problems its cutlery unbelievable how I was cursed with this wiring.

I don't know where to start or who to look to, but it's got to change or .. I don't know.

·
~ in the ether ~
611 Posts
You've already started. Took the 1st step in coming here, & asking for help. :)

I've struggled with bouts of paranoia, a feature of my anxiety. I tend to feel people are out to get me, & can unfortunately cite many examples of situations where they most certainly were.
But, then I've misjudged a few things, & new evidence came to light to point out to me how wrong I was...
That can do a lot of damage. & The feeling of paranoia becomes balled up with bitterness over the awful things ppl do... A sense of loss from relationships gone south... Fear of things staying this way, loneliness... Self loathing for being that way in the first place... Becomes a vicious cycle.

So, you've started with the first step, don't underestimate that. Give yourself a pat on the back, & begin taking another step when you're ready. Slow and steady wins the race. Take it day by day...

·
~ in the ether ~
611 Posts
http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Suspicion-and-Paranoia

I read through this page. I thought #'s 4, 5,& 6 made a lot of sense. If you feel the need to skip over the parts regarding therapy... That's your business... But, then again, it can be something to keep on the back-burner should you decide to try it again down the line.

Thought this was interesting...
Understand the origins of the suspicious or paranoid mindset. Suspicion and paranoia tend to start out as a coping or compensating mechanism in situations where there is a sense of a lack of control over one's own safety; often its origins are found in an unhappy, traumatized childhood.[2] It can have environmental, biological, and hereditary sources.[3] For those who have experienced inter-relationship trauma, trust is often shattered and there is a tendency to transfer the suspicion to everyone, as a way of protecting themselves before any more harm can be committed.
  • Unfortunately, many people who have a paranoid personality disorder don't get treatment for it because it is viewed instead as depression, anxiety, substance abuse, panic disorders, phobias, or bipolar disorder.[4] Certainly, it is not unusual for these other mental illnesses to go hand in hand with a paranoid personality disorder, so if you're being treated for one of these supporting cast disorders, do not be afraid to talk to your doctor about any suspicious or paranoid thoughts you have as well.
  • Researching the disorder is a good way of coming to terms with it. It will help you to better understand the disorder itself, and how it might be impacting you, or how you might end up with it if you don't manage it now. Knowledge will enable you to disentangle yourself partially from self-blame or other-blame, as you can start to see the suspicious mindset as a compensatory behavior rather than as something you need to be afraid or ashamed of, or defensive about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dismiss, I'm so sorry that you suffer that too. It's a nightmare! Mine is not bouts, though, it is in every social situation from going to the park and wondering why a group of people are laughing to going to the convenient store and wondering why the lady is being so rude to me to my friends "playing with my head" because they know I have these issues and know how to push buttons, but they swear that they are not doing this. And I know if I were them, and somebody was defensive to me like that and I wasn't doing anything wrong, I would probably not associate with them an longer, but they still love me and continue to do so. That article was a very good read. I will continue to study it some more, because if I can somehow incorporate it's advice into my life, that would be the answers to everything. Though I would still need to learn to love myself, which I do not. I see every flaw in the world with me. I see no positive at all. Extremely low self esteem, and lack of motivation. Dismiss, thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts