Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SAS Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get annoyed sometimes having to hear people's conversations.

In public I have to deal with it. But I don't like hearing people at work personal conversations sometimes. I feel awkward.

·
Super Moderator
33,690 Posts
I don't mind as long as they don't block the aisles in stores with their conferences. Sometimes I will just wait for a brief silence and say "You're in my way". Of course they will usually look all offended that someone had the nerve to point out the obvious (that 8 people standing in a big circle right in the middle of a main aisle and blocking 20 people from being able to get past them is rude). I don't know if it happens in other places but it happens in literally every store here.

·
Registered
453 Posts
As long as they don't try to involve me in their conversation, I'm ok.
I do get annoyed when I hear my neighbors talking loudly in the staircase or hallway.

·
SAS Member
1,255 Posts
I get annoyed sometimes having to hear people's conversations.

In public I have to deal with it. But I don't like hearing people at work personal conversations sometimes. I feel awkward.
Its why I brought headphones. Especially when I sit next to a girl and all the male office simps come over non-stop to chat her up, it becomes quite a nuisance not that theres anything wrong with people talking but my gosh I only talk to this girl like once a week now since I know she gets all these office simps bothering her all day I sometimes question how she gets her work done lol and I dont want to add to it

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
We all wear a mask.
1,773 Posts
I personally try not to pay attention anymore. Whether they be co-workers or random people having a chat, I'll personally stand there in silence if I have to and think about other things.

The other day, my company hired two dude bro type dudes to install a security camera at the workplace. I happened to be right there and my job task required me to stay there. They couldn't stop talking about inane and vapid subject matter. When I say "dude bros" I mean it. They were just constantly talking about stupid crap and talking about slaying their girlfriends in the bedroom and I just thought to myself, "Wow, this sort of conversation is entirely uninteresting to me." I got through them being there by tuning them out and thinking about what I wanted to.

·
Haters to the left.
2,696 Posts
I know what you mean about getting annoyed having to sit and listen to other people's conversations. The people I work with are very chatty, especially the crew that comes in overnight. No matter what I did, I could never tune them out, so I finally invested in a very nice pair of noise-cancelling earphones and that has helped tremendously!

·
Failure's Art
1,920 Posts
YES this bothers me too. It's a pet peeve of mine. Especially when they say something stupid or laugh too much or have an annoying voice. All of which would describe my upstairs neighbor who is an extrovert and on the phone all the time. She's so loud I can hear all her stupid conversations. I hate her laugh too, it sounds so dumb. I get really annoyed listening to her all the time. Also used to get super annoyed listening to people's stupid conversations at work back when I didn't WFH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts