Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had this book for a little while now. I'm glad I came across this thread. It's nice to know that other people are reading it and benefiting from its use. I'm about a third of the way through it and so far I think the most useful thing to me has been the Clarke and Wells diagram on the cycle of Social Anxiety. It really helped me understand it on another level I think. I am looking forward to finishing it and putting the techniques into use. Additionally, I've been contemplating what it is that my belief/beliefs are that have perhaps fueled my Social Anxiety. Still working through that. Hoping it works out. Also, I kind of liked the quote in the book she said. It went something like "Social anxiety makes about as much sense as hanging up garlic to ward off vampires and when they don't show up, giving credit to the garlic." I think that was when she was talking about safety behaviors.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Had it a few days and procrastinating. Wish there was an audio version. All your reviews make it sound like essential reading.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts