Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The upcoming school year is my senior year of high school. I already have 25 credits (you only need 22 to graduate), but my school makes these idiotic rules that prevent early graduation so they can get their state aid. Anyway, I don't want to completely tank this year because I can potenially earn up to 17 college credits (I'm taking AP English, Western Traditions, and CLEP Biology)! How do I keep myself motivated to work hard when I know I can graduate already?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Focus on the fact that you will be able to graduate college early because of the classes you are going to be able to take. Maybe this will help. My niece was able to get enough credits her senior year to obliterate her first full semester in college.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This may sound very mean-spirited of me, but I think one of the main things that got me through my last year of high school (especially after I had already been accepted to college) was a sense of competitiveness. I had always done very well at school, despite procrastinating all the time, and I was applying to some pretty tough colleges. Are you going through the application process? Because you have to keep your grades up pretty well through the end. And having those college credits will be a godsend because then you don't have to take all the gen. ed requirements. I also never got along with the kids at my high school because I was picked on for being shy and quiet all the time. I wanted to prove I was better than them, so I ploughed through and made class valedictorian. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may sound very mean-spirited of me, but I think one of the main things that got me through my last year of high school (especially after I had already been accepted to college) was a sense of competitiveness. I had always done very well at school, despite procrastinating all the time, and I was applying to some pretty tough colleges. Are you going through the application process? Because you have to keep your grades up pretty well through the end. And having those college credits will be a godsend because then you don't have to take all the gen. ed requirements. I also never got along with the kids at my high school because I was picked on for being shy and quiet all the time. I wanted to prove I was better than them, so I ploughed through and made class valedictorian. Good luck to you!
Congrats on making valedictorian! I am somewhat competitive, but in the last few years, I have found that it's better for both my mental and physical health if I just give myself a break. I still pull very good grades (90s and above) and I'm in the top 10% of my class, but it's a losing battle for me to try to be #1. Getting all of those gen ed credits out of the way would be a big relief though! Thanks for the advice:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts