Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few fellow members have messaged me and sent emails to see if I'm okay over the past few months because I hadn't posted in such a long time. I hadn't been on these forums mainly because I'd been doing so well and been keeping really busy with my business, I wanted to get to a good place before I returned as I didn't want the negative posts or messages to pull me down as much as they did before.

I feel like now is the right time to come back, but I also wanted to share my 'triumph' story with you all. In fact, I posted my story in the most public of places, on my business blog; http://kellyjphotography.co.uk/how-photography-helped-to-cure-my-social-anxiety/ I figured it may help me connect better with my audience and put light to an illness that doesn't get much exposure.
It's not super detailed but it gives you a little insight as to how I have gotten there, but if you guys would like to know what exact steps I took to overcoming my disorder I would LOVE to answer any questions and help you out.

I hope everyone is doing well, and making progress in their own journeys. I have missed this place :)

happy i dodged a bullet
Shoot im abot to do a toast masters class to get over mine.. tbh I feel I only have like maybe 55% of SA left,thanks to God but striking up convos w/ someone my age is still a strong hold.. but I can talk to older people and carry on a convo.. but peeps in their early 20,s im like : x *shifty eyes* lul

But its great you overcame it..it truly is a life sucker : / , joy stealer, n heart killer lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know how you feel, I used to be terrified of talking to people my own age, for some reason talking to older people was a lot less intimidating. If you're carrying conversations with older people though, that's a great start :) Practising conversation is a fantastic way to get over your fears of people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts