Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - the problem is: I'm currently suffering depression & can't think of any ideas for writing. Absolutely nothing. I really want to write something, anything, because I know it will boost my mood. But I need some help.

So - Maybe we can have a thread dedicated towards sharing ideas & themes for people with writer's block?

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure how to write about my depression. I try to think out of the box - maybe something I haven't written before, something out of my comfort zone, but I just can't think of anything.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not in the mood to edit or re-write something I've already done. I kinda wanted to just write something new. =/

God - this is so frustrating!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
'K, I used to get fraught when I hadnt written stuff for a couple of weeks, but then I was watching TV, and I had this epiphany/moment and I saw the standard of acting was so low I decided that I would go to drama school and become a high level of standard of professional actor worthy of being on TV, :) I had great ambitions to shake em up

So I went to music college instead....:)

Sorry I'm not helping, :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Umm i think you should write about how mothers will be like in future,i was thinking of writing this for a long time,but no,so i think you should write it instead ;D

·
Fitting In Here & There
808 Posts
Yesterday, to break my block, I got out a piece of paper and wrote "I would like to write a story about..."

and then things came to me. My main character was "born," got her named and I see her in my mind and feel her personality. Some of the basic idea for the plot came, and i'll flesh it out more later. (This is for a children's book).

Anyway, maybe you could start out like that--write about what you WANT to write about. There's less pressure and then ideas may come more easily. Good luck. :D

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Don't look at it as "writer's block" look at it as idea incubation. Do something wordless and solitary; go for a long walk/drive; go to an art gallery etc. Worst case scenario: write about anything, such as a dream you had, until the drops start falling into the bucket.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I think I might re-visit something I've already written, anyways. You know - to revise it, flesh it out, make it more in depth.

It's an old short story I wrote that was inspired by my psych ward stay. Basically takes place in the 1800s, on a ship that is set sail for an asylum & all this **** goes down. It's really a unique story. I'll have to share it with you guys when I'm done revising it.

I wanted to write something new but really.. NOTHING is coming to me. I get little snippets of ideas but they don't FEEL right. So - I'm gonna just head back to something that felt right & that's my short story.

Well.. wish me luck. I'll try to fight past the depression & perfectionism.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts