Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
929 Posts
"Suffering is relative, not absolute"

A lot of people don't get this concept at all, so I often try to avoid talking about that aspect (in how it relates to me anyway)

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Some people just don't get it though. Everyone has been anxious, sad, depressed, etc in their lives but unlike us they get over it. So they cannot imagine why other people can't. It's not like any of us chooses to feel so depressed or alone. It's just the way we are wired. I don't expect other people to empathize so I bottle it up and put on a smile. Because if there's one thing people can't stand it's someone who is moopy all the time. I hate acting happy all the time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
"Some people just don't get it though."

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes I try to express how I'm feeling to a select few, and they don't understand. Maybe even worse: I have one friend that says she understands what I'm feeling and feels that way sometimes too. I can never make her understand that what I'm feeling is different from her moderate shy-ness. Frustrating.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
"Some people just don't get it though."

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes I try to express how I'm feeling to a select few, and they don't understand. Maybe even worse: I have one friend that says she understands what I'm feeling and feels that way sometimes too. I can never make her understand that what I'm feeling is different from her moderate shy-ness. Frustrating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Suffer in silence...no thanks :)

I especially agree with your last sentence, about suffering in silence, which is exactly why I decided to start talking about it...& online is much easier than in person of course! Good for you for also deciding to break out of the silence. I honestly believe the more we talk about it and the more the people in our lives understand it, the better life will be. Good luck to you & God Bless....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts