Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh, it's not like my friends are religious or anything. I even ask them if they believe in ghosts and most say they don't. Then when I bring up the suggestion of playing with a ouija board, they say I'm damned to hell if I do and it's a really bad idea.

What the??

Anybody have firsthand experiences here? Not stories from relatives?

I'm really curious what the hell everyone is so scared about...Stupid North American superstition. I wouldn't mind living on a 13th floor. ;)

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
It's a mass-produced toy that is made by the same company that makes Clue and Monopoly.

In high school, my friends were obsessed with it. They'd never let me play because "I'd shown disrespect to it." They figured I'd get a poltergeist or something. :roll

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
They're kinda creepy. And you have to be sure that you don't have any jokers in the group. One person can really screw with everyone else.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It's hilarious how scared so many people are of a little piece of cardboard.
I played with one with some friends when I was in school and we all knew we were just pushing it around but it was entertaining.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ugh, it's not like my friends are religious or anything. I even ask them if they believe in ghosts and most say they don't. Then when I bring up the suggestion of playing with a ouija board, they say I'm damned to hell if I do and it's a really bad idea.

What the??
Why take the risk? :)

Anybody have firsthand experiences here? Not stories from relatives?

I'm really curious what the hell everyone is so scared about...Stupid North American superstition. I wouldn't mind living on a 13th floor. ;)
Never tried one. They only work by small subconscious movements from the participants. If spirits from beyond the grave could communicate with us, why would they spell out ridiculous cryptic messages?

It's the same with psychics. They claim that someone's departed grandmother wants to speak to them, but does she say what it's like in heaven or pass on any useful information? No. She tells them that she doesn't like the picture they just hung in the living room or something equally inane. Well thanks a lot, granny.

·
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
76 Posts
I dunno. its really scary doing it tho. ur lyk wats going to happen if i itch my eye? lyk nothing happend wen we did the ouija board a few yrs back. but ive heard sum scary stories.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would. No-one ever wants to, they think it's childish :( lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
I won't play with them because they're boring.
The whole time I'm trying to figure out who's pushing the piece.

I figure if it doesn't suspend reality what's the point in play with an occult toy...

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
I used to do this all the time when I was a kid. It's really alot of fun. And, by all means, mess with people. That's all part of the game!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I remember when I was about 14/15 a friend and I decided to try and make one of our own using just a normal piece of paper and then see if we could get it to work. One thing that does make me chuckle is remembering that because my friend didn't have a proper glass with her she decided to use the lid of a deodrant bottle instead. Nothing happened though - other than she moved the deodrant lid around across the letters to make it appear as if something was happening, by which I wasn't in the least bit fooled!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts