Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ottawa Anxiety & Trauma Clinic offers a group therapy program for anxiety problems. The 10-week group is co-facilitated by Dr. Ken Welburn and Dr. Shelley Jordan, Clinical Psychologists.

The group is cognitive-behavioural and exposure-based, where participants learn and apply strategies to manage their anxiety. The group focuses on the "here and now" experience of anxiety and the daily struggles of living with anxiety. Participants learn a model of anxiety and various techniques to reduce the level of anxiety while challenging previously avoided situations. Clients with specific phobias, panic disorder, agoraphobia, and/or social phobia are especially welcome referrals.

More Info: http://www.anxietyandtraumaclinic.com/
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (613) 737-1194
Address: 2277 Riverside Drive, Suite 202, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
224 Posts
Lol i live 5 minutes away from this clinic..never tried it because i'm already dealing with the Royal Ottawa Hospital

·
sassy
144 Posts
Thinking of trying this out maybe... anyone have good experiences with it? I have never been diagnosed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone!

Have you ever had therapy for a personal or mental health problem? (e.g. counselling, CBT, couples therapy).
If so, would you be interested in taking part in the survey I have created for my Masters thesis?

I am a Clinical Psychology student who is looking into your opinions and satisfaction with the therapy you received and whether or not you found it helpful for your problems

All responses remain anonymous and confidential and your help would be VERY much appreciated!
Please click on the link below and follow instructions! It only takes 10-15 minutes:
Thank you very much

https://sdu-surveys.herts.ac.uk/psychotherapy/

·
Registered
2 Posts
What a gift . Sure wish they had something similar in this Guelph region , which is dominated by a private mental hospital ( Canada's largest private mental hospital ) . The problem is , there is no profit in such a group for a private hospital , and the general hospitals here forego their community psychiatric responsibilities by laying them off to the the private hospital . What a fix .

·
arjuna
2 Posts
I'm 2/3 through their 8 week program on Assertiveness. It is excellent and very practical. Lots of role play of individual, personal situations. Anyone I know or have ever known could benefit from these tools. Dr. Ken teaches a simple but powerful way of communicating assertively, without being agressive, passive agressive or just plain passive. 5-stars!
Walter

·
arjuna
2 Posts
It's not covered by OHIP, but I bet you it is the best $600 you ever spent. I'm doing the Assertiveness program. It is changing my life. Lots of role playing with our personal situations. Whether you have anxiety or not I would recomment it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts