Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else feel awkward when other people pay for your dinner? I know I should be flattered but i feel like i am indebted to them or they are just feeling sorry for me. Most of the time it is usually older people or my co-workers or people i supervise (which is kind of a Ethics issue). And when i say no i would rather pay they get upset or offended or make a scene and say NO we are going to take care of it. And its like really come on i am trying to politely turn you down. How is a better way of dealing with this...I am at the point that maybe i shouldn't go out to lunch with them at all.

Whats worse is even on one of the few dates i was on i was nervous the whole time about him paying for it all.

Geez...

·
Forever in Fantasy
560 Posts
decline once, then let it go. if they insist, don't push it--- that will make things awkward.
don't let it bother you. it makes them feel good, and you get to keep some cash.

what does bother me is when people offer to pay for my $4 meal and then say something stupid like "merry christmas." i can appreciate it until they think they're really doing something for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts