Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Daydreaming
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a psychologist twice already for "social anxiety". Do you think it's okay that I talk about something else other than anything related to SA? (Next time I was supposed to bring in my mom so she can explain things better about my family history and stuff, since I guess I wasn't good at it and I suppose she wants someone's point of view from my family, even though my mom doesn't know what I think....)

I am going through a very hard time right now...stressful...I feel like I'm in a parallel universe and I could die, seriously....I avoid doctors like the plague, but recently went to the ER and found out I have a cyst....They want to do all these tests and maybe even surgery and I CAN NOT handle any of this. I don't know how talking about any of it can help, but still, shouldn't I be able to talk about things that really bug me instead of just talking about SA when I really am not into it right now to discuss or it's not something I am having a hard time with right now....

That is if I can even talk...I can't talk at all and I don't know why, I don't even know if it's SA related when I don't really feel that anxious or think anything I just can't talk. Maybe it's a safety behavior of mine or something...I mostly just respond a little to questions or maybe comments, I can't just be assertive and say whatever...but even then it's mostly "I don't know" and me not talking.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I think you should talk about these other things as well. They could all be linked. I say explain it all to your psychologist and let them help you process it all. Good luck :) Maybe you could write it all down at home and then just hand in the writing/typing to the psych?

·
Daydreaming
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you should talk about these other things as well. They could all be linked. I say explain it all to your psychologist and let them help you process it all. Good luck :) Maybe you could write it all down at home and then just hand in the writing/typing to the psych?
That sounds like a good idea, I'll probably do that a little. I have done that with other things, about my past. I just wasn't sure if it was okay to talk about other things....but maybe it's okay, and that's what they are there for?

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Yeah, thats what they are there for; thats how I looked at my counselling sessions. Get everything out. Even though the main reason I went was for my SA I ended up talking about a lot of other things and I feel better for doing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts