Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Reposed in awesomeness...
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried bupropion and found it OK if snorted but it becomes too noradrenergic after a few hours. Orphenadrine is a potent inhibitor of the cyp2B6 enzyme that metabolises bupropion into its more noradrenergic counterpart, hydroxybupropion, facilitating oral administration(saving the nasal membrane) and preventing the trail off into heart-pounding tedium. Orphenadrine also turns out to be an NMDA antagonist with 1/7 potency of memantine.

I have been considering the various NMDA antagonists available as potentiators of dopaminergic drugs, but I wasn't considering bupropion until I found this. 200mg of orphenadrine will be roughly equivelant to 30mg of memantine and much cheaper. The bupropion will be protected from metabolism and the dopamine receptors will be protected from down-regulation. A low dose sulpride will potentiate the dopaminergic effects, potentialy making bupropion something workable for my ends.

To round this off a dose of DXM will contribute to the NMDA blockade whilst releasing serotonin and touching the opioid receptors. Bupropion inhibits the enzyme that demethylates DXM, namely cyp2D6. DXM is also a potent sigma1 agonist which may have antidepressant effects. It seems that these things fit together nicely.

Everything but the DXM can be bought from a reliable pharmaceutical supplier. The DXM is overpriced these days but I wonder how much I would need. It certanly wouldn't need to be a recreational dose. Hmmm...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
If your NMDAr antagonist dose has a noticeable psychoactive effect, combining with a stimulant is very unpleasant and psychosis is possible. I definitely wouldn't call them potentiators of dopaminergic drugs, just a necessary evil in low doses to slow tolerance, so you don't have to crash so often.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
that's too much problem...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Fluoxetine seems much more straightforward option as modulator. Norfluoxetine inhibits cyp2B6 enzyme, while fluoxetine itself potentiate dopaminergic action via some 5HT-related mechanism (and 5HT2c antagonism possibly).
I used to snort bupropion, it seems addictive and unhealthy, while euphoric. Snorting helps bypass first-pass liver metabolism, so bupropion reaches the brain unconverted.

·
Reposed in awesomeness...
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fluoxetine seems much more straightforward option as modulator. Norfluoxetine inhibits cyp2B6 enzyme, while fluoxetine itself potentiate dopaminergic action via some 5HT-related mechanism (and 5HT2c antagonism possibly).
I used to snort bupropion, it seems addictive and unhealthy, while euphoric. Snorting helps bypass first-pass liver metabolism, so bupropion reaches the brain unconverted.
Yeah I snorted them before after reading one of your posts. The effects were way better but it still trailed off into BAMM BAMM BAMM. My heart would still be hammering away in the morning. I also want to protect the dopamine receptors which is why I think orphenadrine would be good and I want to stear clear of SSRI's. The DXM may not factor in IDK but the sulpiride I want to try. Bupropion has potential. It felt almost recreational and it increased my focus and productivity but too much heart pounding. I'd much prefer a proper stim but I will have to wait for my psych to get around to diagnosing me with something first. Pfft!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts