Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Day Of The Dead
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an orientation for school tomorrow, and my SA just will not quit taking over me. I've been worried the last 24 hours, every waking minute. I try to play some games, or listen to music to take my mind off it, but it always comes back. It's early tomorrow morning, and I guess I'm just afriad I'll have to interact with the other kids there. You have to take a parent, so I won't be alone, but they probably have some activities set up for the teenagers attending. Grrr.

Anyone give any advice?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sounds stupid, but I practice saying hi to people in the mirror. You'll notice that if you smile a little, the nervousness on your face will fade away. You can also plan a couple back-up questions in case you get brain freeze. Like... What's your major? Where are you from? Do you know anyone else at this school? Bring some candy or gum and offer them some. Just smile when you meet them and you will start off on the right foot.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
you shouldn't have to interact, I believe it will just be an introduction to how things work and everything, you in high school I guess, not college according to your age so its not as if you are forced to stay there for so many days or anything. I would tell you how mine went but I didn't go, was off on vacation and couldn't make it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts