Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ok so i know its not the best picture in the world but i tired :p lol im trying to make it look more like the picture above does anyone know of anything i could do to make that possible

alsooo

this is a picture that i made up of how i thinkk jesus might look like if he was painted but it looks aweful and it really out of proportion

this mgiht not be the right thread to post these on but really would like opinions

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I love penguins so you won me over - but your drawings are really cool, wish I could draw myself

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
You are very talented, and do you work with other mediums? or just pencil?
Your shading is quite remarkable... it makes your drawings very lifelike looking, keep up the great work , you will get better and better!! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys
i use oil pastels and paint

for the penguim picture i used charcol (cant spell that )
for the jesus picture i just used a pencil to shade with heehe
do you guys like to draw?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh, I like your values in the penguin one. n_n Also, don't be afraid to take your pencil and hold it in front of you, parallel to the paper. Tilt the pencil to get the angle of each line and match it up to the lines you've drawn. That should help get more accurate angles. You can also take some unit of measure, like the penguin's beak, and say, the penguin's left foot is about the size of his beak, and his right foot is a bit smaller, so the length of my penguin's feet should be close to the size of his beak.

I really like your drawing of Jesus. Actually, you've got a pretty good general idea of the portrait. It looks a bit cubist, inspired and stylized. I like the shadows on that drawing especially. I took a couple art classes in high school; never got very far, though. You really are talented and your skills will be uphill from there. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts