Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Really? Tell that to children who are abused by their parents or people are homeless and starving. I hate "advice" like this because in the end it never helps. Why not just tell people to get over it and eliminate the field of psychiatry altogether?

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Last words that a suicidal person will ever hear...true statement...;)

·
SASsy
18,100 Posts
No. It's an illness. The only getting in your way for treatment is yourself, however.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Really? Tell that to children who are abused by their parents or people are homeless and starving. I hate "advice" like this because in the end it never helps. Why not just tell people to get over it and eliminate the field of psychiatry altogether?
It may not help but it's still true. Clearly it's more complex than just saying, "oh I am the problem so now everything is fixed." You have to dig deep and really think about what you can do to try to find happiness.

Let's put it this way, someone who blames his problems on others will likely never find solutions because they're looking at the problem from an incorrect perspective.

For example if someone yells at you one person may think, "**** that person he can't disrespect me like that." This person will become angry then. A different person may say, "I'm sorry you're upset, can I help?" This person isn't angry. My point is, all of your emotions and feelings are based on how you think. Although it must be said your general thoughts will often be reactive. So in other words the above example, often how you approach someone yelling at you, is how you've practiced it in the past. So you can't just automatically say something like, "I'm sorry you're upset, can I help?" when someone yells at you. You will usually handle the situation as you have in the past. So to get new results you have to slowly practice changing your reaction in those circumstances. Eventually it will be your automatic reaction you don't have to practice it because it's been ingrained.

How we feel about things is essentially an automatic reaction that we've learned over time which is based on our beliefs. So working on changing your beliefs will yield different emotional responses.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Only thing in your way is yourself
i love this man <3

Most of our anxiety come from our-self thinking, not other but myself , we letting our emotion control of us most of the time. Its true that many of us becoming what we are today because of some bad pass events.

BUT how do anxiety happen ? when anxiety happen are they cause by those bad pass events? or did we let our emotion taking control over us? or what really happen at the point of time anxiety happen? what is our thinking in our mind that point of time when it happen?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts