Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
insert witty comment here
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every couple of months or so I go online and buy a whole lot of stuff. I have gotten into the habit of buying used books on amazon and ebay etc. so I usually end up with a good few things and can't believe how little money I spent.

The current spree is nearly over. It's been 5 days of amazon shopping and ebay auctions and I am getting fed up now. Soon I will do it all over again. It's a bit of a hobby now.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Maybe i've made alot of bad impulsive buys but something about the combination of the words shopping and spree is very bad, add online shopping to the mix and, well, i feel sorry for your purse. :lol

·
with diamonds.
124 Posts
Books yes!

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
I have been doing that for the past two weeks. My "fall wardrobe" is the excuse for all these new shoes, boots, clothes, winter coat and nail polish.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Yes...I love online shopping, and combined with good deals, I can't hardly stay away. It doesn't help that all my favorite places e-mail me coupons constantly. I shop about once a month online and have stuff shipped to my work...makes my day when I get a package in the mail :clap.

·
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been doing that for the past two weeks. My "fall wardrobe" is the excuse for all these new shoes, boots, clothes, winter coat and nail polish.
The 'fall wardrobe' thing is my excuse, too.

Yes...I love online shopping, and combined with good deals, I can't hardly stay away. It doesn't help that all my favorite places e-mail me coupons constantly. I shop about once a month online and have stuff shipped to my work...makes my day when I get a package in the mail :clap.
It's nice when it arrives and you can unpack what you bought. Particularly when you spent so much less than expected on the shoes/ bag/ book.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
fall fashion will be the death of me. I just bought a bunch of clothes from macy's and my wish list on zappos is growing rapidly, so that'll probably be the next big purchase I make...amazon is dangerous too. I'm so bad, I'd be spending even more if I actually had the room for more clothes and shoes, but my closet and drawers are already overflowing!

·
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apart from a new pair of shoes nothing has arrived yet. That is the only thing about online shopping I do not like. When stuff takes ages to arrive.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Apart from a new pair of shoes nothing has arrived yet. That is the only thing about online shopping I do not like. When stuff takes ages to arrive.
I could never buy shoes or clothes online. I have to try them on and the variance on the sizes deters me from trying. Unless I KNOW it will fit for sure. I spend way too much money on amazon though. Free next day shipping is just too tempting.

·
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I could never buy shoes or clothes online. I have to try them on and the variance on the sizes deters me from trying. Unless I KNOW it will fit for sure. I spend way too much money on amazon though. Free next day shipping is just too tempting.
You were the one who had that thread about trying on stuff, weren't you? I hate trying on clothes in shops. I buy stuff online from companies I know. E.g. pretty much all of my shoes are from Esprit. I can order new shoes from them online because if they are in my size I know that they will fit me well. Same goes for pants etc. I know that H&M pants always look good on me but I would never buy pants from Zara as their cut doesn't suit me.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Damn, we're all suckers for online shopping it sounds like. I do the same thing - about every couple of months I'll end up ordering like 4 or 5 things all within a couple days. I usually don't spend much - maybe spend like 5 bucks on a couple 80's heavy metal cassettes, under $50 on some shoes, a few bucks on a shirt or something.

The worst is when I know I don't need anything but the guys through one of the skateboard companies I really like sends me an email and says they'll hook me up with some cheap gear - it's impossible to say no because I'll need it eventually and would end up paying twice as much, but I still feel guilty when I buy stuff I don't need.

BUT, there is always that good feeling of getting something in the mail. Since the only other stuff I get is junk or bills.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
You were the one who had that thread about trying on stuff, weren't you? I hate trying on clothes in shops. I buy stuff online from companies I know. E.g. pretty much all of my shoes are from Esprit. I can order new shoes from them online because if they are in my size I know that they will fit me well. Same goes for pants etc. I know that H&M pants always look good on me but I would never buy pants from Zara as their cut doesn't suit me.
Yes. For some reason they don't have online shopping available for H&M in the US. I love that store for shirts and jackets. So stylish and so cheap. Their pants never fit me though.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Damn, we're all suckers for online shopping it sounds like. I do the same thing - about every couple of months I'll end up ordering like 4 or 5 things all within a couple days. I usually don't spend much - maybe spend like 5 bucks on a couple 80's heavy metal cassettes, under $50 on some shoes, a few bucks on a shirt or something.

The worst is when I know I don't need anything but the guys through one of the skateboard companies I really like sends me an email and says they'll hook me up with some cheap gear - it's impossible to say no because I'll need it eventually and would end up paying twice as much, but I still feel guilty when I buy stuff I don't need.

BUT, there is always that good feeling of getting something in the mail. Since the only other stuff I get is junk or bills.
:boogie I feel like a kid on christmas morning rip opening the box.

·
B 2 Lonely
1,077 Posts
i am unfortunately an impulse buyer when it comes to online purchases. i see something i like and it's "I GOT TO HAVE IT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE RARE IN A FEW YEARS" mentality at its worst. i bought a pair of powerisers thinking i was actually going to use them. however, i did get on them and was immediately disappointed in them. they set me back 300$, and are still brand new. i have been buying manga and anime lately, and am trying to NOT upgrade my computer for awhile, since i need to save for a bike so i can attempt to get out more.

·
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

That is so true :lol

·
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Christmas is here :lol

My new boots are great! I cannot believe I got them for the price I payed.
A new pait of pants, off-white/ cream colored. They are more for summer but they are great, too.
A blouse for work. It's cute. It's the kind of top you can never have enough of.
And my new scarf. Dark blue with a subtle floral pattern. Very cute. Can't wait to wear it.

Not one of the books has arrived yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts