Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
sad panda
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my website which I designed and created for my graphic design portfolio.. I was wondering if you wonderful people could critique it, so let me know what you think! It's quite important that it makes a good impression to potential employers. Is the white text readable? Do I say enough about each piece? Is the overall design aesthetically pleasing and functional? I think I really need to step up my resume, but am unsure of how. Thanks so much! :)

http://rharnish.com/

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Well, from a fellow Graphic Designer I'd say reading it is fine. Layout is slick and simple to use. The designs themselves are great as well. You have the gimmick side of graphic design nailed with the coffee cups. Love um. :yes

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I love the door hangers!

I'm curious about the very first page, though - the one for the La Luz cleaning.

I'm going to play a difficult client for a moment, and ask, what does this necessarily have to do with cleaning? there's a lot of white space, sure, but when I look at it I don't think of a clean house, or housecleaning in general. How would you change it to more clearly communicate the message of "want a crystal clean house? Call me!"

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
You incorrectly spelled "pursuits" wrong on your Bio page. (You had "Persuits" (unless that's some art word)

Sorry for nitpicking, it just stood out to me. Other than that, your portfolio looks pretty professional.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
You incorrectly spelled "pursuits" wrong on your Bio page. (You had "Persuits" (unless that's some art word)

Sorry for nitpicking, it just stood out to me. Other than that, your portfolio looks pretty professional.
change change change! Nice find Aust

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I am loving your design. The animal poster is ridiculously great.

I found the white text a bit hard to read in spots. Maybe darkening the gold boxes would help?

I like your descriptions of your projects. I wouldn't add too much to them, although I'd switch to active voice wherever possible. So, 'The coffee cup theme is used as the eyes of the owl' could be 'The coffee cup theme appears in the eyes of the owl' or something like that.

A few small things: On page two, there's a typo in the word 'competition.' On page three, I wonder if 'purely typography' might be better as 'pure typography' or 'typography alone.' Also, I think 'Steep House' looks better without the quotation marks (as on page six), even though it's not a real cafe. But I'm not too familiar with graphic design portfolios, so if quote marks are standard when referring to conceptual businesses, then by all means go with that.

I take it you're on the job hunt, so good luck! From what I can see, employers would be lucky to have you =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.