Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any success? i've signed up to one about 4 months ago and i'm having no luck lol have you resorted to online dating if so how did it go or is going for you? :)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I don't have much luck with it because I don't try and initiate.

I get a decent amount of views and messages from time to time but I rarely send anyone a message.

Mainly because I'm not really interested and also I feel shy and nervous about it. I can send a wink or smile but when it comes to messaging I'm very hesitant so of course I won't have much luck.

Do you initiate?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have much luck with it because I don't try and initiate.

I get a decent amount of views and messages from time to time but I rarely send anyone a message.

Mainly because I'm not really interested and also I feel shy and nervous about it. I can send a wink or smile but when it comes to messaging I'm very hesitant so of course I won't have much luck.

Do you initiate?
I do initiate from time to time and get responses but the conversation never last long lol and a lot of girls on there dont reply to "hi, how are you" or "hi's" they state on their profiles they wont reply to those messages but i mean how else am i suppose to initiate conversation? :stu I think i have more of a chance in the real world to be honest, online dating people have unrealistic expectations to be frank. :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've actually considered this myself because the hardest part about getting a girlfriend is the fear of rejection. If I'm on that site the people I'm asking are also looking so it's a win-win. Which site do you guys think is the best and how much money is said site?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I do initiate from time to time and get responses but the conversation never last long lol and a lot of girls on there dont reply to "hi, how are you" or "hi's" they state on their profiles they wont reply to those messages but i mean how else am i suppose to initiate conversation? :stu I think i have more of a chance in the real world to be honest, online dating people have unrealistic expectations to be frank. :)
I don't see how "Hi, how are you?" wouldn't get a response. It seems like the girls you're messaging are kinda stuck up…but maybe that's why THEY'RE on an online dating site lol. But you said you've only been on it for 4 months, I'd say wait at least a year. Just kept messaging girls and I'm sure you'll come across some good ones. But remember……don't end up like dat boy Manti Te'o :lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've actually considered this myself because the hardest part about getting a girlfriend is the fear of rejection. If I'm on that site the people I'm asking are also looking so it's a win-win. Which site do you guys think is the best and how much money is said site?
My friends who got married all used Match.com. A coworker actually met her husband on OKCupid.com which is free. I don't know how much Match.com is.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
My brother and his wife met on the internet. It was his first serious relationship. He was 26. I don't know why people still see internet dating only for people who have no other option. We are in 2013 people.

·
Neither here nor there
798 Posts
So apparently I signed up for OkCupid a few years ago and never used it. Last week, I got an e-mail from OkCupid, so I decided to check it out. I saw a girls profile whose interests were almost exact to mine. I took a chance and sent her a message. She did answer back and we've talked a few more times too. Not sure if it's really anything, I was mainly curious.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I don't use Online Dating
1) because it would be embarrassing if someone who knew me found out
2) I would never start a conversation (so i'd probably never get any messages)
3) even if I got messages they probably most likely wouldn't like me/stop messaging me after I started talking to them (this seems to happen to me always - I guess when they realize I'm a weirdo)
4) it'd make me feel pathetic (personally, not to anyone who uses them. I know people who use them, not personally know them, but I don't think they're pathetic at all. but I think I just feel pathetic because i guess it makes me feel like... idek how to explain it)
5)and even if anyone ever wanted to meet up, I wouldn't because I'd be too nervous and because I think they would be highly disappointed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts