Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah so I think I fell victim to the oldest trick in the book. I signed up for an online dating site. Had to verify my age they promised my credit card would not be charged. However my credit card is being charged up the butt for stuff I have not authorized.

I have contacted my card company and we have closed my account so no more charges on it. They are looking into credit card fraud. I kinda scared bc while I did a dumb *** thing. Whats the worst that can happen? Can they throw me in jail? Should I just pay the 40 bucks, get a new card and move on? Help!!!! Words of wisdom? Something please!! freaking out about this

·
Registered
178 Posts
You're going to have to contact the conmen so they can't sue you or whatever. Dating sites especially those hookup ones are mostly scams with mostly fake profiles, and cam girls. Desperation clouds your judgement as I fell for the same scam.
I had to cancel the membership and pay some sort of cancelation fee.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ugh....yeah it was one of "those" sites. Guess we will see. Get the fraud protection papers in the mail this week. I am not really sure what happened though bc i only signed up for one there are multiple charges(one of which is from this company) When I go to cancel my membership it says it is already canceled.

Feel like such a nitwit for falling for something like this. Ugh!!!! ty for your insight.

Nice user name btw Love Randy Savage

·
Registered
178 Posts
Haha yeah old wrestling was funny. But those hookup websites along with craigslist are mostly just fake profiles. Join a free one like okcupid or plentyoffish if you're interested in online dating, people are less likely to pay for an online dating service

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wrote the company last night, to delete my account. I guess I will just bite the bullet and pay them the $40.....but anything else I didn't authorize.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts