Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I would put as little stock as possible into what you do or how you're perceived on the internet. I know that the internet is very popular and omnipresent but it's a cesspool and is destroying this world. People have all these new ways of connecting such as IM, message boards, e-mail, text message and all this crap but it's really just pushing us farther away from each other. It's hard to even know who somebody is that you're talking to, right down to their gender!

The online world is able to provide some information and enlightenment and I'll admit that I have been addicted to it at times. You are able to talk to people you would never meet and on message boards like this where you have a common interest and can share stories, that's good. But online friends shouldn't be a goal of anyone. I think dating sites might be the best way for people with SA to initially meet someone but the online relationship should end as soon as possible in favor of a phone call and subsequent meet up. You shouldn't fret too much over little online comments. Call the person and you will better be able to judge their character (and vice versa) than you can by trying to interpret what they say in little online messages and stuff.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.