Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been at college for a week now.

I have figure out where all of my classes are. I have already made friends. I like almost all of my classes. The only problem is when I have to go to the Commons (cafeteria).

Going for breakfast is no problem. I have an 8:00 in the morning class, so I have to get up early to go and eat. At this time a lot of people don't have anyone else to sit with because there friends are still in bed. This is why I have no problem going in to breakfast and sitting down to eat by myself.

But, for the rest of the day everyone has someone to sit with. It is hard to find times for me to get with my friends to go and eat together because of the different schedules we all have.

For this past week, if I couldn't find anyone to go and eat with I have been either eating some of the snacks my mom packed for me that I have in my dorm room or just skipping meals.

I don't think I can do this all year. If anyone has any helpful suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Besides for this one problem I am loving college life.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey!:) I had the same problem last year, except i was a freshmen in high school. What i did, was look for other tables with very few people, or just one. Locate those tables in your cafeteria, go over, and introduce yourself. Ask if you can sit there, im sure they wont say no, and just ask their name, major, and so on. Who knows, maybe yawl will become really good friends in the future. I met a few pretty tight friends this way. its always worth a try!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm in my 2nd year in college, and I haven't gone in the cafeteria once for the same reasons as you.

But my advice is (can't say I would do it myself) to look for someone who you see in there regularly who also sits by themselves, then one day ask if you can sit next to them. I'm sure they feel the same way as you do, and would be pleased to have company.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.