Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking generic Parnate now. The sort of orange ones with the giant 'K''s on them (the pills). They still come in 10 milligrams, but my P-doc wants to split them and go up in 5 milligram increments every five days. I'm just wondering if this is a good idea.

They look like they're just film coated, so I guess they can be split, but I just have no experience with both the Parnate splitting, or the super fast titration (5 days/5mg, whereas kehcorpz would take 30 days/10mg for every dosage 30mg's and up). I am torn!

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Huh, interesting question!

Parnate has a bitter taste (try eating one, it's like eating a battery). My guess is that the coating is a protective barrier against the taste. It also serves to keep the "white" contents from dissolving too quickly (i.e. if you're trying to swallow one). And protects from environmental humidity.

So, you can probably split the pills.

I might try an experiment and take all my Parnate in halves for a few days and see if I notice a difference... because I'm not really confident about this one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds like a reasonable pace, follow your p-doc's plan. I'm not patient when it comes to titrating. I spent the first 3 days at 10mg, the next 2 weeks at 20mg, then 3 weeks at 30mg, and finally moved up to 40mg and stayed there for a couple of months. Just recently I've gone back down to 30mg, as 40mg was making me too tired.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huh, interesting question!

Parnate has a bitter taste (try eating one, it's like eating a battery). My guess is that the coating is a protective barrier against the taste. It also serves to keep the "white" contents from dissolving too quickly (i.e. if you're trying to swallow one). And protects from environmental humidity.

So, you can probably split the pills.

I might try an experiment and take all my Parnate in halves for a few days and see if I notice a difference... because I'm not really confident about this one.
I unfortunately don't possess the same level of insight as you in the field of battery eating. Take me under your wing, Caedmon. I have so much to learn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts