Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
One of my biggest accomplishments in my life is become an exchange student. I was 16 when I decided to do this. We visited a booth on this and my parents were talking hosting.

At the same time, I thought about doing this. Mom saw this first. We had a talk the next day and told them I wanted to do this. My parents were for this and signed me up. Found a couple from the United Kingdom to host me. Also have two daughters and one was my age which I am good friends with to this day.

When I came, this couple let me in and their oldest daughter Allison shown me my room. Something else happened with Allison and I right away, a great bond and our friendship began. She introduced me to her friends which I am good friends with.

My host dad saw I was not like any feminine girl, liked to get my hands dirty and greasy. He worked on cars and learned well. Host mom, nice lady.

I still keep in touch with them too. Was with them for two years and it was fun. Host dad gave me a gift that had to be sent out which I still have,ba tool set. This was before I left.

It was a great experience for me with lots of memories.

·
Administrator
9,426 Posts
One of my biggest accomplishments in my life is become an exchange student.I was 16 when I decided to do this.We visited a booth on this and my parents were talking hosting.At the same time,I thought about doing this.Mom saw this first.We had a talk the next day and told them I wanted to do this.My parents were for this and signed me up.Found a couple from the United Kingdom to host me.Also have two daughters and one was my age which I am good friends with to this day.When I came,this couple let me in and their oldest daughter Allison shown me my room.Something else happened with Allison and I right away,a great bond and our friendship began.She introduced me to her friends which I am good friends with.My host dad saw I was not like any feminine girl,liked to get my hands dirty and greasy.He worked on cars and learned well.Host mom,nice lady.I still keep in touch with them too.Was with them for two years and it was fun.Host dad gave me a gift that had to be sent out which I still have,a tool set.This was before I left.It was a great experience for me with lots of memories.
I have noticed that your posts don’t have any spaces in them after you use full stops or commas, making it all like a big chain of text. Do they disappear once you click the “Post Reply” button? There might be something wrong with the forum that needs fixing.

I have added spaces and paragraphs for you so your post is easier to read. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thank you for sharing your experience. Sounds like an awesome thing to do. I know how much a positive experience like that can help with self-confidence and getting to know yourself.

I really wanted to become an exchange student when I was the same age too. I knew my parents could never afford it, so never even broached the subject. But I got my chance when I was 30 and went to study abroad on my own. So I would definitely recommend the experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was and loved it.My parents wanted to do something for me.The younger daughter of my host parents,she was shy around me at first and got used to me once she got to know me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts