Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it very difficult to sit on the sidelines watching my kids doing sport at school. I can support them only with my presence, I refuse to yell out, like 99% of the spectators.
To me it is irritating for my ears, but I'm sure the kids getting the yelled support appreciate it. I feel like I'm not all that supportive cause I wont blow a artery with that awful yelling. I wont do it, and hope I am not judged, when I'm hearing I'm thinking 'will ya let the poor kid, play the game their way?' the parents practically yell the kids every move.
I think I want to yell, but judgement stops me, and I think of all the reasons, it aint all that. I was listening to three mums and it was feigned, to me. So I'm the critical one.

jenky

·
Registered
46 Posts
Back in high school, I greatly appreciated my dad's presence at my track meets. When he was there, just seeing him watching made me feel great. I'm sure your kids feel the same. Any kind of support is just fine, you don't need to yell to show it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I wouldn't feel comfortable yelling, I would tell my kid after the game he did a good job. They will look back and appreciate you there. I was in orchestra and rememeber my mom going to my concerts. Even though she fell asleep most of the time, looking back i'm glad she was there even with her busy schedule and her introvertedness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts