Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does sleep and waking up feel like, and what should it feel like?

I feel like my sleep is not on/off, I'm not awake or sleeping. The boundaries are not that clear.

Throughout the day I may fade in and out, I may even end up basically sleeping but with some degree of conscious to answer questions if someone talks to me or return to full consciousness without actually going through a waking up. I really don't know how to explain it, other than I'm asleep but not asleep.

And then waking up, if I'm not using an alarm and waking naturally, I don't know when I'm awake. At a certain point I'll realize that I'm conscious and awake, but then I'll think, well have long have I actually been awake? Or was I awake or in this faded sleep state.

Of course at night when I want to fall asleep I'm fully alert and can't even reach semisleep.

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
I think a lot

when asleep or partially dreaming

ooh...
A dramatic change in life when I relied on my sophisticated alarm clock when I started working on my first placement - new town - new clock

Never late for anything

With no compulsory deadline in sight - not even scheduled for anything like groceries

No life structure. Not much pre- 9am demands.

Back to a kid who doesn't care about oversleeping at weekends

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's odd do you feel refreshed when you wake up?
Not really. I'm usually mildly tired all day everyday. I had made an appointment for a sleep study, but then I didn't go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts