Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

On a Social Border

693 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ProfBreanna 
#1 ·
I've talked to a handful of people at my school, but I can't really call them my friends. I'm not considered a loner, and I'm not considered to having a certain group of friends. I'm RIGHT on the border and it SUCKS! I want to be a loner, because that's so simple. you can be alone and people won't feel sorry for you. What should I do when school starts again? I just want it to end.

High school sucks.

#3 ·
I basically flutter between groups and I can't seem to make close friends with anyone I've met. It's like there's this barrier between "good acquaintance" and "friend" and I just can't break it. It feels like the only thing missing is the outside of school part.

I'd really like to just settle down with one group, and I've got a particular group in mind, so next year I'm going to try and push a little bit harder in their direction, looks promising so far.

#5 ·
y'know, I waaas in a pretty tight group, but I wouldnt say its actually that great. Maybe just because my 'friends' weren't that great of people. They were effed up in the head just a tad.

Now I've switched to them being acquaintances. I have two real close friends (neither go to my school though), and that is the best place I've been. Don't go for groups, too complicated, filled with crap, from what I've seen. So at highschool I'm more of a loner. Its lonely but less complicated I guess haha

If any of you need someone who understands to talk to, I'm here. I'd like to make a few friends here :D

#6 ·
y'know, I waaas in a pretty tight group, but I wouldnt say its actually that great. Maybe just because my 'friends' weren't that great of people. They were effed up in the head just a tad.

Now I've switched to them being acquaintances. I have two real close friends (neither go to my school though), and that is the best place I've been. Don't go for groups, too complicated, filled with crap, from what I've seen. So at highschool I'm more of a loner. Its lonely but less complicated I guess haha

If any of you need someone who understands to talk to, I'm here. I'd like to make a few friends here :D

i think that was very good advice :) people = complications. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.